Because of you…
Youth for Christ in Tanzania and Zanzibar are:
- raising up and training staff and Young leaders who are culturally relevant to local youth ministries
- implementing youth ministry that is characterized by Generation 21 principles
- mobilising and developing effective disciples and disciple makers in Youth for Christ, and enhancing their ministry skills
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- Leadership Training
- School outreaches
- Worth the wait – Abstinence Program/(HIV/AIDS)
- Leadership Development
- Life Skills (Challenges facing the Youth in the Post-Modern era)
- Prisons Visits
- Sport ministry
- Music & Dance ministry
- Evangelism to Street children and many more.
To download an informative fact book with information about Youth for Christ in Tanzania, including Mwanza, Kigoma, and Zanzibar Chapters, click here.
There is need for long-term involvement in the following areas:
- Monthly financial Support
- Social involvement (education/ Youth development centre
- Own property to launch youth training base/ center in Zanzibar
- Committed workers
Youth for Christ was officially registered under Societies Ordinance (reg. SO No.. 6530) in 1987, in Mwanza Tanzania mainland.
Although Youth for Christ was successfully registered for quite long time, it remained unproductive and had no ministry activities running.
Having had a clear call to join Youth for Christ, in July 2010, Pascal and Esther Nyulahe and their twins moved from Zanzibar to Tanzania mainland where they are currently implementing ministry at the national level.
Board of trustees
The Youth for Christ board consist of 9 people – Chairperson, Deputy-chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer together with other 5 delegates. The national coordinator of Youth for Christ is also an ex officio appointment to the board.
Staff and Volunteers
There are currently 8 volunteer staff country wide and 27 others – 8 volunteers in Mwanza, 5 volunteers in Kigoma and 14 volunteers in Zanzibar.